1. Wills and Codicils
2. Power of Attorney for Property
3. Power of Attorney for Personal Care
4. Affidavits of Execution of Wills and Powers of Attorney
5. ILA Certificate - Independent Legal Advice Certificate for Mortgages and all forms of Contracts and Agreements (including, but not limited to Divorce and Separation Agreements).
Unlike non-practising lawyers who act as notaries public and who are not insured and are not permitted to provide legal advice, as a practising and insured lawyer, I DO offer the above legal services and my fees will reflect the work and insurance coverage levi that I must consider when placing my seal on those documents. These are important documents that carry great risk of liability to my practice. The fees that I charge for notarization do not justify the risk of placing my good name and credentials on documents that have been drafted by lay persons or printed off the internet. The fees for these documents will start at $200.
1. Power Attorney for Personal Care = $200 Tax Included
2. Power Attorney for Property = $200 Tax Included
3. Powers of Attorney - Personal Care and Property = $300 Tax Included
4. Will = $300 to $500 Tax Included*
5. Will and 2 Powers of Attorney Combo = $600 to $800 Tax Included*
6. Mirror Couple Combo - 2 Wills 4 Powers of Attorney = $800 to $1000 - Tax Included*
7. Independent Legal Advice - ILA = $300 to $600 depending on legal issue, age and educational level the client, complexity, urgency, number of pages, and distance from lawyer's office.
* Scale Fees Depending on:
1. Completion of Self-Administered Questionnaire
3. Age of the Client
4. Underage Children
5. Real Estate Properties, Extra Provincial and International Assets
6. Family Composition (Divorce, Separation, Common Law Relationship, Blended Family etc)
7. Complex Trusts and Unusual Requests
8. Distance from the Lawyer's Office
9. Access to Email Communication
In addition, all of the above services will include the following:
1. Three Personal House Call Visits to the Client
- Intake - 30min to 90min consultation and Retainer Agreement
- Execution - Attendance for Execution - 30min
- Hand Over - Completed Original Estate Documents, Certified True Copies, Reporting Letters, Receipt.
2. All Original Estate Documents will be returned and given to the client in protective binder sleeves along with certified true copies, affidavits of execution, and reporting letters.
3. Ongoing communication via email with the client or permitted representatives for review and clarification to finalize the draft. It is expected that the client or a permitted representative will have access to email so that the lawyer can send working drafts to the client for review and approval.
4. Depending on the documents and services requested, a turn around time is between 2 to days. I will be able to provide an initial draft between 2 to 7 days. But it is highly recommended that the client review and sit on the initial draft provided by my office for several days before approving the final draft. I will NOT accept cases where I am forced to complete a matter within a day.
The Client's responsibility:
1. Provide all relevant identifications, notes from doctors or social workers (where relevant), papers including insurance, locations of assets and financial institutions, pensions, marriage and divorce certificates, adoption documents etc.
2. Arrange for 2 witnesses who are not named or related to the any person named within the estate documents. If you require my office to arrange for the witnesses on your behalf, the fee for each witness to be paid directly to the witness will be $75.
3. Payment for services rendered at the completion of the requested services in cash, electronic, or cheque in the lawyer's name.
Review for completion and accuracy of your Estate Documents drafted by other law firms and lawyers are FREE if you can scan and email the documents to my office. Please do not send the ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.
If you would like to receive a questionnaire for estate planning options, please email my office at email@example.com